Educating Health Leaders
A life in the health professions lets you make a positive impact on our troubled world while forging a fulfilling career path for yourself — and the University of New England offers the richest cross-disciplinary health professions educational experience in Northern New England. The pandemic clarified how critically important our frontline healthcare workers are, and it also revealed healthcare workforce shortages across the country. 沙巴App is committed to educate health leaders who make a difference for their patients and communities.
The Allied Health Professions — Working Together
Few universities anywhere offer the advantages of a 沙巴App health professions education. We have a unique mix of nationally recognized health professions programs — including Maine’s only medical and dental schools, plus nursing, pharmacy, physician assistant, social work, and more — so we are able to train our students to work collaboratively across disciplines to deliver team-based care to their patients. Collaborative health care is the gold-standard approach that is rapidly becoming the norm in clinical care settings.
Regional Leadership, Strong Partnerships
Being Maine’s #1 provider of health professionals means 沙巴App has strong direct ties to the region’s hospitals, clinics, and practice settings, as well as to the business community and policy makers in Augusta. This network helps our graduates find employment, internships, and a welcoming community of colleagues and peers who provide a lifetime of support.
Experts in Health Sciences
At 沙巴App, our leading programs in health sciences position you for a rewarding career in research, education, entrepreneurship, and beyond. We’re proud to be recognized as an R2 research university with a commitment to solving real challenges, where students have the opportunity to participate in research led by passionate, supportive faculty. Here, you’ll be able to make a difference inside the lab and out in the field.
Using Protein Polymers to Help Injured Spines
An Even Brighter Future
In November 2022, 沙巴App broke ground on the Harold and Bibby Alfond Center for Health Sciences, a state-of-the-art learning facility on our Portland campus. This center will serve as the new home for 沙巴App’s College of Osteopathic Medicine and the newly established Institute for Interprofessional Education and Practice. By unifying all of our graduate health professions programs on the Portland Campus, 沙巴App will fully integrate its health offerings, creating a health sciences campus unlike any other in the region and enabling the University to expand its position as a national leader in interprofessional education.
Explore Our Degree Programs
Dive into our graduate health professions degrees, and explore undergraduate pathways including Nursing, “pre-med” health sciences majors, and several combined undergraduate/graduate degree path offerings. For students who are already focused on a health-related career as they come out of high school, 沙巴App offers several options that allow you to pursue your undergraduate and graduate degrees in a single accelerated program. These include Pharmacy, Medical Biology, Social Work, Athletic Training, and our GradVantage program.
Undergraduate Health Programs
- Applied Exercise Science
- Athletic Training 3+2 Program
- Dental Hygiene (4-Year B.S.)
- Dental Hygiene Completion Program
- Health, Wellness and Occupational Studies
- Medical Biology (Medical Sciences)
- Medical Biology (Pre-Physician Assistant Track - MPA)
- Nursing (4-Year B.S.N. Program)
- Nursing (Accelerated B.S.N. – 16 Months)
- Public Health
- Social Work (B.S.W.)
Graduate Health Programs
- Applied Nutrition (M.S.A.N.)
- Applied Nutrition, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Athletic Training (M.S.A.T.)
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Administration
- Occupational Therapy (M.S.O.T)
- Physician Assistant (M.S.P.A.)
- Public Health (M.P.H.)
- Social Work (M.S.W.)
- Social Work (Advanced Standing Track)
- Social Work (Online M.S.W.)
Doctoral Health Programs
Certificates in Health Disciplines
- Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management
- Graduate Certificate in Health Data Quality
- Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics
- Graduate Certificate in Health Policy, Law, and Compliance
- Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health